Supernova FFXI Automatic Installer
Supernova now has an new automatic installer! Developed by Duriel! Click the link below and follow the setup. If you have issues or run into any problems then join us on Discord for assistance in channel #ffxisupport.
Supernova Installer v184.108.40.206 (Link removed until uninstaller is fixed)
You will require .Net Framework 4.5 or higher to run this program.
Supernova FFXI Manual Installation Guide
To play with us, just follow this step-by-step guide for a full installation of everything you need, and to avoid problems later down the line. Most installation problems occur as a result of a missed step. It’s more extensive and catalogues literally every click of the entire process. Please check that guide and this one before asking for help.
With the Windows 10 Creators update it has caused some issues with Windower4 and xiloader ending prematurely with a "Closing..." error. Please make sure that Direct Play is enabled if you run into this issue .
Not sure how to enable Direct Play? Follow these steps!
- Go into Control Panel and then into Programs and Features.
- Select Turn Windows Features on and off. Then there is a folder with a checkbox that says Legacy Components.
- When you select it Direct Play will be visible to be enabled/disabled.
Installing and updating FFXI
Download and install the installation files located at PlayOnline.com
Run PlayOnline and let it update.
- After the update for POL is done and restarted it will ask you if you're a New User or Existing User.
- Choose Existing User using 1234567 as username/pass/account id etc.
- Exit PlayOnline
Prepare FFXI by downloading the patch files located here
- Extract contents and copy to your FFXI directory:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\
- Run PlayOnline. On the left side of the screen click Check Files
- If you get a separate popup window that says it's launching the FFXI installer or asks for install discs you can just close it.
- On the next screen where it says "PlayOnlineViewer" click the two arrows and change it to "Final Fantasy XI". The "version" should be "UNKNOWN"
- Click on the Check Files button.
- PlayOnline will then check all the FINAL FANTASY XI files (usually takes about 15-20 minutes) and prompt you on what to do because it found errors.
- You should then choose to fix the errors.
- PlayOnline will then automatically start checking and updating files. This takes around 5-10hrs.
- Once you're done updating, navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer
- Right-click the "data" folder and click copy
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI, right click an empty space in the folder and click paste. You should now have the "data" folder inside your /FINAL FANTASY XI/ folder.
Connecting to Supernova
Download the xiloader.exe file located here
- Place the xiloader.exe in your POL folder (SquareEnix/PlayOnlineViewer)
Set pol.exe and xiloader.exe to run as administrator by right-clicking on them and going Properties, opening the Compatibility tab and clicking the Run as Administrator checkbox at the bottom of the window.
Download and install MSVC 2015 Runtimes x86 version
Download the SuperNovaDats.zip, which can now be found in the FILES section of our facebook page.
- Extract the files
- Copy music176.bgw and paste into C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\final fantasy XI\sound4\win\music\data overwriting the existing file
- Copy 69.dat and paste into PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\ROM4\1 overwriting the existing file
- Optional: Delete vulgar2.dic from PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\data\dic to disable swear filters, as the setting does not get saved.
Download and install Windower
- Create a profile, highlight your new profile, and click on the pencil icon to adjust your desired settings.
- Click the pin icon to create a desktop shortcut
- Exit Windower
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Windower4 and edit the settings.xml file with notepad
- Note: If you have issues with your settings.xml file changes sticking, then copy the file elsewhere, edit it there, and copy it back to the original location.
- Somewhere between the tags <profile name="YourProfile"> and </profile>, (where YourProfile is what you named the profile you created) include the following code:
<args>--server login.supernovaffxi.com</args> <executable>xiloader.exe</executable>
- Launch Windower with your chosen profile
- The xiloader window will open, where you can log in and register a new account. To create a new account, enter 2 and hit enter, then enter your username and password and confirm your password.
- To log in, enter 1 and enter your username and password.
- If you want the program to remember your username and password, you can put them into the <args> section of the settings.xml file as below:
<args>--server login.supernovaffxi.com --user your_username --password your_password</args> <executable>xiloader.exe</executable>
Where your_username is your username and your_password is your password.
- Once you log in, Final Fantasy will start and you can create your character, choose your starting town, and get playing!
Setting up a XBOX 360 controller to play
A work around has been found to setup a controller easily now, follow the steps here to get it setup and play with a controller
- Go into FinalFantasyXI/ToolsUS directory and remove xinputdll.dll
- After that go into your config and it allows you to setup your controller again like it did in the old days. Use ToolsEU if playing with an EU client.
Thanks SirWarBeast for the work around!
Side Note: This will not enable trigger functionality. Just the basic layout.
Other stuff to do when starting out
- Be sure to check out the Rules, and other helpful pages, which can be found on this wiki's home page.
- Add your name to the Character List, and update your profile to include your player bio. You can include things like where you're from, what you've played as, etc.
- Request a linkpearl (global chat item) from an Admin, if one isn't already in your inventory. Type "/sea all" into chat and send a message to any member if an admin isn't online. If all else fails, write a post to the Facebook Group to request a linkpearl.
- Use [this] guide to configure graphics.
- Remember useful game information links such as FFXIclopedia and FFXI-Atlas.
- Be sure to check out the Chocobo Circuit in game, it’s been completely reinvented for supernova purposes! Use @home to teleport your character at any time!
- When in game, begin by typing @help which will bring you to a room full of npc's that explain the specifics about our server. When you've talked to all the npc's you can leave the room by typing @choco or @warp.